Hi, all whomever is reading this...
So I had an amazing birthday trip to San Francisco with my friend Thressie. We are fortunate that so many cool things are near Reno. It was only a three hour trip down there. Driving and seeing all the green and the cool weather was like going to another world- so different from Reno!
The best parts of the trip were-
- Driving down there was fun. The traffic on 80 due to the construction wasn't bad at all. It was fun coming into the city and going over the Golden Gate Bridge and trying to find our hotel. Thank God for our GPS! The one thing we noticed is while I am sure there are plenty of nice, polite people in the city, the drivers were so aggressive.
- Chrissy Field is so beautiful! We loved it. The view of the city is amazing. We loved walking on the sand and looking out onto the bay.
- Boudin's down in Fisherman Wharf has the tastiest sourdough bread and clam chowder soup. It was so crowded down there- just wall to wall people.
- We drove all around the city and used the GPS. My favorite parts of the city were Chrissy Field, the Golden Gate Bridge and the look out point on the way to Marin County, the Presidio, Fisherman's Wharf, and Alacatraz.
- We ate at this amazing bar/restaurant called Elephant Castle. The night we went it was Trivia Night". Everyone in the bar played. The food was excellent and I even got a free "Public Enemies" poster.
- For my birthday dinner we went to Sausalito. The restaurant we went to "The Spinnaker" was so good. It was a gourmet dinner. We were right on the water. The view from the restaurant was amazing and we got to watch the fog roll in. Sausalito is very quaint and almost like something out of a story book.
- Alcatraz is so cool! We got some amazing pictures and it was a sunny day when we went- on my birthday. It gave us chills to listen to go on the tour and listen to former prisoners talk about their experiences on "the Rock". Next time I think it would be neat to go to Angel Island.
- Yes, like tacky tourists we found the address to Danielle Steel's house and drove by. I could not resist the temptation to see the huge mansion were one of my favorite writers live.
- Speaking of houses, my friend Thressie's grandfather grew up near a fabulous house by the Golden Gate. It is still there and of course I took a pic of her in front of it.
- Of course we went to Ghiradelli Square. We ate the most delicious chocolate ice cream cones!
I really enjoyed San Francisco and do want to go back sometime!